Tuesday, September 29, 2009

62 - 9/29 - Rogue (Day 5)


Me, courtesy of Shawn Cadigan

It rained on and off all night, and I ended got up at 5:30AM and started packing. I was on breakfast dishwashing detail, so I needed to get everything done so I'd be free. We had oatmeal and lots of toppings for breakfast. Yum! I think people were running slow from the day before, because it took forever to get going. It didn't help that it was a bit cooler, and only a couple of us had drysuits.

The trip from Camp Tacoma to the takeout is only 5 miles, but there is a section of flatwater that is at least one mile long, and it really slows you down. I rowed pretty much the whole way to the takeout. About 5 minutes before we got there, it started to rain hard, but it soon stopped.

We spent over an hour getting the boats repacked and getting changed. We were the last ones to leave, but we did pretty well considering we had 4 boats and 4 people to load. We decided to leave the top boat inflated to make it easier to unload in Portland. I was pretty tired, and other people did most of the driving on the way back (thanks!). I finally got home just after midnight.

This was yet another great river trip, and I look forward to many more!

No comments: