Tuesday, November 3, 2009

66 - 11/1 - Green River Gorge

With the flow at 2200, I decided to run my cataraft. At lower flows, I'd run my IK, but I like getting in some time on the cat, and the Green is especially fun. We ended up with a group of 2 rafts, an IK, and my cat. The run was a lot of fun - fast, but not pushy. I ran down the center at Pipeline and had a clean run through Mercury and The Nozzle. My only bad line of the day was above Franklin Bridge, where I hit the big hole a little farther left than I wanted and had to back away from the wall there. The weather was sunny and reasonably warm.

I did overdo it a little. My left foot had gotten a lot better, but helping carry the rafts and the put-in and takeout made it worse again. I probably need to stick to IK trips for a few weeks.

On a side note, if I get to 71 river days, I will tie my 4th best year. If I'm lucky, I can do better than that.

No comments: