Tuesday, November 10, 2009

67 - 11/10 - SF Snoqualmie

A few of us wanted to make a quick run, and for me there is no quicker run. I hadn't run the SF Snoqualmie since early June, but there weren't many significant changes. There was one good change, though. After the 2006 floods damaged a couple of houses, the owners stuck some trees into the riverbank. These were supposed to prevent further erosion by creating logjams. These logjams would have been deadly until they filled in with sediment and changed the course of the river. However, in the 2009 floods, the riverbank eroded and the trees moved, making everything worse. Since then, they cut the most dangerous logs out.

I had an interesting run at the weir. I normally run left of center, but this time I ran right of center. The drop turned out to be very rocky, but I was able to catch a slot just big enough for the boat.

No comments: