Saturday, October 29, 2011

77 - 10/29/2011 - SF Stillaguamish

The first time I ran the SF Stillaguamish, I did the upper and middle runs starting at the ice caves and going to Verlot. The flow was high (above 7 feet), I was injured, and it was a long day. I ended up losing my paddle near the end, and my boating partner bicycled the shuttle in the rain and snow.

The next two runs I did were at much lower water (just over 5 feet) and were shorter runs, starting at Wiley Creek and at Boardman Creek.

This time, the flow was at around 6.4 feet and dropping when we put on at Wiley Creek. There had been a short, intense storm the night before that brought the flow up to 6.8 feet overnight. The water was muddy, but the rapids were clean and we had no problems. This was a pretty easy level. At lower levels you have to deal with lots of rocks, and at higher levels you have to deal with big holes, so this was just right. We ended up taking out at Turlo, which is just below Verlot campground.

No comments: