Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Inflatable Kayaks - Part 6 - Aire Lynx

By 2005, I realized that I wasn't going to use my Aire Force XL anymore. It wasn't a good guest boat, and I didn't want to use it. So, I put it up for sale. After a couple of attempts, someone offered me an Aire Lynx in trade. It wasn't really a good deal for me. My boat was still under warranty, while the Lynx was so old it didn't even have a serial number. Still, it was a boat that someone could actually use, so I took the deal. The boat had a 3-piece foam floor, and was in excellent condition considering its age. The story was that the person who owned it for the majority of its life only used it for lake trips.

I used it as a guest boat for a couple of years, but I eventually sold it to help pay for another boat. Just before I sold it, one of the inner bladders ruptured and it cost me a bit to replace it. I guess the Aire Force was getting back at me for trading it too cheaply.

No comments: