Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lost and Found

Scott from area code 509 - I have your paddle. I found it in September 2008 on the Tieton. All you need to do is to describe it and tell me where you lost it and I can get it back to you.

Last September, I found a paddle on the Tieton. I was rowing my cataraft and I saw this paddle stuck in some logs and I pulled it out. It would make a nice spare paddle, but it needs to but made into a 2-piece, and I'm not ready to spend the money in case "Scott" finds one of the notices I've left. So, my question is: How long do I need to wait until I can consider this item mine?

Personally, I think what I have done has been perfectly adequate. I posted notices on regional paddling sites that could be found by doing a reasonable Google search (such as "lost paddle Tieton Scott 509"). I've also done several Google searches to attempt to find this person. Six months has passed and I haven't heard or found anything.

I asked a couple of friends about this. One person said I should wait 2 years, and the other said 1 year. What's your opinion?

No comments: