Friday, June 11, 2010

38 - 6/11/2010 - SF Snoqualmie

Many of us expected the Western Washington rivers to all be too low to run by now. The snowpack is pretty much gone, but we've had a lot of rain over the past 3 weeks and it has kept all of the rivers going.

My next door neighbor contacted me a couple of days ago and wanted to do a quick run today, so we did the run on my lunch hour (it actually took 90 minutes including the shuttle). The water was running high, but not too high, so it was a great flow. It's been years since I've run it this high with the water still being clear.

When I logged this run, I realized that this was river day 699, starting with my first day in June, 1989. My goal is to hit 1000 runs when I get to 25 years. That means I need to do 301 days in just over 4 years, which is an average of 75 days per year. My average over the past 5 years has been slightly higher than that, so I should be able to get pretty close.

No comments: