Friday, June 11, 2010

The Whirlwind IK Tour

Back in the early spring, I started thinking about a summer trip. I had originally planned to go to North Carolina and boat, but the logistical problems were big enough that I decided against it. The biggest problem was that there was no way of knowing whether there would be reasonable water levels at a specific time of year.  I didn't relish the thought of shipping gear and paying for an airline ticket only to not be able to boat because of high or low water levels.

So, I talked to my friend Lee, who lives in NE Washington, about the possibility of an IK trip with him. The idea would be to travel around eastern WA and BC and run various rivers. If the water levels didn't cooperate, we could go somewhere else or reschedule for better levels.

The plan we decided on was to start on June 13 and end on June 20. Lee set up the itinerary and we got started...

No comments: