Saturday, September 11, 2010

61 - 9/11/2010 - Tieton

Earlier in the week, my SUV broke down. I had originally planned to take my frame and try out some small cat tubes, but this wasn't going to work out. I almost didn't go at all, but then some friends volunteered to take my boating gear in their truck so I could drive my little car.

I took the opportunity to try out my 4-person umbrella tent. I have been using a 2-person umbrella tent for a couple of years, and I really like it. The 4-person tent was roomier, but it's harder to put up and take down. In particular, it takes a lot more work to put up the rain fly, which is one of the key advantages to my other tent. I estimate that I can put up my 2-person tent, including the rain fly, in about 3 minutes without hurrying. The 4-person tent takes about 3 minutes just to set up the main tent tightly enough to put on the rain fly, and the rain fly is big enough that it can take 5 minutes to get properly set up. Of course, the big advantage of the larger tent is that if it is raining, I can get in the middle of it and not need to worry that the rain fly is tight. I will probably only bring out the larger tent on trips where I know I'll have lots of room and time to set it up.

We had nice weather, and we did 2 runs.

No comments: