Saturday, September 18, 2010

63 - 9/18/2010 - Tieton

The weekend after the WRRR Tieton Rally is the Tieton Oregon Weekend, when we get together with the Oregon rafting clubs. One of the big parts of this event is a pot luck dinner. At the end of the day of boating, we all get together and have a huge meal together.

I brought my IK and brought a spare IK for a friend. We had a fun day of boating, though it was rainy and cool all weekend.

It was great to see the Oregon folks I knew and meet a few more. It started raining a bit at the potluck, so I brought out my wing tarp to  give people a place to sit out of the rain. That worked out very well. The one really funny aspect to the potluck was the tables. We were supposed to have tables, but the person in charge couldn't get them, so people had to bring whatever they had. It was a very interesting step-up, step-down pattern through the line. The food was excellent - in particular, my friend Lyles made a killer chile verde that everyone enjoyed.

No comments: