Sunday, February 13, 2011

8 - 2/13/2011 - Middle Middle

Another day on the Middle Middle? Well, we were supposed to run the Lower Tilton, but the rain we were promised didn't really materialize. I wasn't going to boat at all, but a local friend wanted to do a quick run, and the flow was higher than the day before, so we went for it. We ended up going to the upper put-in because she had a small cataraft, and there are a couple of interesting little rapids up there.

A lot of the run was spent playing "follow the leader" with me in the lead. I was taking obscure routes and my friend would follow me as best she could (some of my lines were just too narrow to follow). I ended up with the same weird line through House Rocks that I did the day before, so I'm thinking that there was some rock movement in a recent storm that changed something. At Second Island Drop, there has definitely been some rock movement, and the slot I used to take is now choked with rocks and isn't runnable at the same flows as before. I ended up stuck below this, as well, but I finally made it through.

All in all, it was a fun day.

No comments: