Sunday, November 6, 2011

80 - 11/6/2011 - Skykomish

It looked like it was going to be a dry day. Nobody seemed interested in doing a run until a catboater friend got in touch. The flow was down a bit from the previous day - we ended up having just under 2000 cfs - and it was a little colder, but that's OK when I run my cataraft.It was still a beautiful sunny day.

I find that as I approach Boulder Drop, my heart begins to pound a little. I have to take a few deep breaths, visualize past runs, and visualize my plan for this run. My plan was to run right at the entrance and then do the usual Airplane Turn route. So much for that plan - I went left at the entrance, and then got too far left above Airplane Turn. I ended up having to push harder to the right and ended up on the right side of the rapid. No problem - I just went back to the center and took the big drop at the bottom.

80 days ties my 3rd best year ever. 81 will tie 2nd, but I'd have to get up to 90 to tie my best year.

No comments: