Sunday, November 27, 2011

84 - 11/27/2011 - Middle Middle

The flow in the Middle Fork Snoqualmie came down to a good level, so a few of us decided to do a quick run on the Middle Middle to end a nice Thanksgiving vacation. It was a cool, windy day, and we had a great time. Near the end of the trip, I told one of my fellow boaters that I hoped that the wind didn't knock over any trees near in the last section. There were no trees on the river, but when I began to walk up the trail to the takeout, the trail disappeared. A vine-covered tree had fallen over and covered the trail. I shoved my boat over the mess, climbed over, and nearly fell flat on my face. I pulled out my knife and began cutting the vines out of the way. It took 5 of us (including a couple of other people who showed up after us) cutting and ripping vines to clear the way.

No comments: