Saturday, April 28, 2012

27 - 4/28/2012 - Green River Gorge

The Green was running around 1900, which is a great flow for my little cataraft. The weather was sunny for the 4th weekend in a row! The road where we normally put in was blocked just past where we start, making it hard to turn around, so we decided to use the uppermost put-in. The usual way people handle the Green is to drop boats at the put-in, and then meet at the takeout. However, it seems that many people have gotten lazy with this, so I was the only one of 4 boaters to do this. Eventually, we got on the water and moved fast.

I was a little nervous when we got to Mercury. I wanted to see where I had flipped the previous time, and I wasn't disappointed. It was obvious why I had flipped.

Otherwise, the run was just plain fun. The father of one of the boaters in the group ended up making burgers and hot dogs for us at the takeout. Great guy!

No comments: