Saturday, May 12, 2012

34 - 5/12/2012 - Lower Cispus

A few days each year, the Lewis County PUD opens the gate at the Lower Cispus takeout for people who don't have a key. I like to help the cause by attending these events. We had a couple of rafts, 3 catarafts, and 4 IKs, and a flow of around 2000 cfs. The weather was sunny and fairly warm.

I had the first flip of the day, just after lunch. I decided to push the limits at a big hole and got munched. I got back in the boat pretty quickly, but when I got my paddle up, I knocked my knife out of the scabbard and saw it go into the river.

At Lion's Jaw, I took the center line, which led into a big ledge wave that required a hard brace. The IKer following me didn't brace hard enough, and he ended up flipping. All in a day's play...

No comments: