Sunday, May 13, 2012

35 - 5/13/2012 - Lower Cispus

The second day on the Lower Cispus was pretty similar to the first, though we got an earlier start. The weather was sunny and warm, and the flow was around 2000 cfs. We had one new boat in the group, and one person switch from a cataraft to an IK.

At Lion's Jaw, I took the far right slot, which is the biggest drop on the river. I would always take this line, except that it is the are that has the highest likelihood of a hidden log, so I only do this if I run the Cispus two days in a row or if I can get someone else to lead and give me a signal.

At the end of the trip, we heard about a problem on the Green River. The original report was that someone in an 18' raft got stuck at the Nozzle and drowned. I found out later that it was a friend of mine in a 13' raft. It's very sad when a fellow rafter dies on the river.

No comments: