Tuesday, June 9, 2009

34 - 6/9/09 - SF Snoqualmie

With the snowmelt starting to run out, it was time to take advantage of the nice weather and run the SF Snoqualmie. I went with my next door neighbor, who will turn 80 in a couple of weeks. The flow was around 400 cfs, which is low but still runnable (I have run the SF Snoqualmie as low as 200 cfs and had fun). At one point, we passed under the bridge at a local camp on the river and had an audience of about 40 kids. The water was clear and it was great weather for kayaking.

Before I forget, here's an update on my shoulders and elbows. I've been doing to stretches and exercises and getting acupuncture treatments for about a month now. My left shoulder is the worst problem, and it's only sore after I work it hard. My elbows only hurt if I apply direct pressure to the areas that were sore before. So, I'm keeping up the exercises and stretches and hoping to keep going strong.

No comments: