Saturday, June 20, 2009

38 - 6/20/09 - Lower Cispus



The Lower Cispus isn't an easy run to do. It's an easy run, but the takeout is behind a locked gate and getting and keeping a key to the gate is difficult and annoying. So, when the Lewis County PUD has the gate unlocked, I like to help make sure they know there is interest in doing the run. This was my third run on this section of river.

On this run, I helped act as a kayak "probe", meaning that I ran out ahead of the rafts to help locate logjams and direct people around them. On this trip, there was only one place where there was an issue. It was easy to see from upstream, so all I really did was to try to help people get through with a minimum of hassle.

We had a reasonable flow (around 1800) due to the rain the night before, but it was a cold and cloudy day - more like early March than mid-June. There were 4 catarafts, 2 IKs, and 2 rafts.

No comments: