Monday, May 31, 2010

35 - 5/31/2010 - Sauk River (Day 3)

Camp on the Lower Sauk

The rain stopped just as I got up in the morning. We dried our gear as much as we could while we had breakfast, and loaded up. The takeout was only 4-5 miles downstream, but there was no way of knowing if we would have to portage.

After the minor logjams of the preceding day, I was surprised that the Lower Sauk was clean all the way to the takeout. Even channels that normally held large piles of wood had easy routes through them. It only took a couple of hours for us to reach the takeout, and we were quickly loaded and ready to go.

We stopped off and had lunch before heading up to the put-in. When Chris and I reached Bedal, the rain was pouring down, and the campground was deserted. I ended up driving home the back way, coating my boat and trailer with mud (it's still on the trailer almost 2 weeks later).

No comments: